7.20.2007

Forgive.

[Topic!: Forgiving and apologizing are two key ingredients in being happy.]

In this song, One Republic sings about how it's "too late to apologize." I don't think that's right. I don't think it's ever too late to apologize, and even more so, I think when someone apologizes, you should accept it. It's just... it makes life so much easier to move on don't you think? It's not only common courtesy, but when you hear about people forgiving the ones that killed their family members, or someone they loved, how can you not forgive the small things in your own life?

As the saying goes, "Forgive and forget."

[P.S.: I love this song though-- the beats and the melody are wonderful, and I'm sure a lot of people could relate to what One Republic is singing/feeling.]

Url source for Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePyRrb2-fzs

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe it's 'too late to apologize' because the damage is done, too deep that the apology itself would rather be meaningless at this point.

Efsie said...

Certainly...an interesting song and video. Not really my style, but hey, no one likes my style of music, lol. I agree. It is never too late to apologize, and that when someone apologizes you must accept it. However, if you wait too long to apologize, the apology can lose all meaningful impact.

I on the other hand, disagree with the saying "Forgive and forget." I think it's quite honestly pure rubbish [dunno why I said that, just felt like I suppose]. You should forgive...eventually, but letting loose of your anger too soon can lead to you being a completely passive person, letting others trample all over you. Holding on to it too long can create grudges easily, which I am guilty of. So yes, forgive, but not too soon. However, never forget. Always remember what happened. Always remember so that when it happens again, because it most likely will, you can look back and see what you did last time and look to yourself for experience and lessons.

Forgive, but do not forget.

Anonymous said...

i feel it's too late to apologize all the time. i guess it's partly a pride thing, but yea, it shouldn't be that way. i prefer apologizing in action instead of words...but i think most people want to hear the words. sometimes i feel like people want to hear it just so they know your pride has been stripped and it feels better for them that they got back at you in some way. i'm probably wrong, but because I think that way sometimes it's really hard for me to apologize for things that really matter. i can say sorry about little things, but for other things that really hit home... man, it's hard. -yo sista :)